What is The Big Meet?
Every year The Big Meet gathers up to 100 Australia’s leading employers to provide career opportunities for undergraduates and recent graduates. The Big Meet is a FREE career event held in major cities around Australia. So whether you have been studying or working, you are welcome to meet with your potential opportunities.
The Big Meet will be held in 6 locations – Find your preferred one and click its link below to register now:
NotedCareers career managers will be attending this ultimate career fair in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide to assist your hunt for your dream job. Make sure you visit our stand to have a quick chat about your career plan.
Why attend the Big Meet?
The Big Meet is the biggest career expo in Australia for undergraduates and graduates. This annual event attracts leading companies and organisations from different industries to offer a range of options including graduate employment, voluntary work, gap years, international internships, vacation work, postgraduate education, teaching, travel and overseas opportunities. At the event you can:
- Forge connections with prospective employers and industry experts
- Talk to leading employers directly about career options, internships and other opportunities
- Make good first impressions and network with industry professionals
- Gain firsthand information from hundreds of organisations
- Explore your career options and career advice
- Discover your potential career paths and directions
What to prepare before the event
Preparation beforehand is essential since you only have a limit amount of time during the event.
- Download the careers fair app to access the employer listing, floorplan, event details and other updates to best plan out your day
- Prepare to take a few copies of your resume and ensure it is up-to-date and well-presented
- Check out detailed information (time, location) and the list of exhibitors on The Big Meet website or the app
- Research and make notes on your interested exhibitors to gain more insights about the company
- Take notes on any available employment opportunities and Graduate Programs from exhibitors on the day
- List out questions you may want to ask employers/organisations on the day
What to do at the event
- Check out the map to look for exhibitors of your interest and have a basic plan for your day
- Collect handouts and flyers for more information, make notes for your better memory if necessary
- Be aware of how you present yourself at all time and do not hesitate to make conversations
- Provide your contact information for further follow up with the organisations you are interested in
- Ask prepared questions as it may help you walk away with a better understanding of your career
- Ask for business cards and contact details so that you can connect and do follow up with your new contacts from various organisations from the event
Don’t stress if you are still seeking your ideal career path and career directions after the event. NotedCareers career managers can assist you in your career journey in Australia. To find out more potentials for your career, talk to us during the event or contact us via 1800 326 422 or send your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org now.