Managing job interviews is part of your career management.
This post will bring you more advice, tips and information about the structure of an interview and some common traps to be avoided in order to win a job interview.
The interview structure
No two styles of interviewing are the same.
Go with the flow, but remember that interviewers value qualities such as:
- Honesty (never lie)
- Clear communication (do not waffle on)
Normally the interviewer gets information from you and tells you about the position.
However, the order of doing things varies from one interviewer to the next.
- Being too friendly
- Being too glib
- Saying “we” instead of referring to your own achievements
- Making very general statements which lack substance
- Being over enthusiastic
- Being poorly prepared
- Slouching, mumbling, speaking too slowly
- Knowing nothing about the company to whom you are talking
- Making derogatory remarks about your present or former employers
Should you have any career question, please contact us to arrange a personal appointment with our consultants!